150 Reasons Contest Rules and Regulations
These are the official rules and regulations applicable to persons (“You” or a “Participant”) who enter the “150 Reasons” prize draw promotion (the “Promotion”) (the “Rules”). By entering the Promotion, You accept these Rules and agree to be bound by them and by the interpretation of these Rules by Tourism PEI (the “Sponsor”).
- Subject to section 1.2 of these Rules, the Promotion is open to all residents of Canada & the United States who are over the legal age of majority at the time of entry.
- The following persons are not eligible to enter the Promotion:
- employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or related companies, and their respective agents, the independent judging organization, and the advertising, promotional and media agencies; and
- the employees and the immediate families of those persons listed in 1.2.a and 1.2.b or persons with whom they are domiciled.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion and a purchase will not increase a Participant’s change of winning.
- To enter the Promotion the Participant must complete the web entry form found on the Promotion website (facebook.com/tourismPEI) (the “Website”) by entering their first name, last name, province/state of residence, phone number, and a valid email address. Participant may also complete web entry form found on TourismPEI.com/150reasons.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry (i.e. the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domains associated with the submitted email address).
- Entry is limited to one (1) per person per day for the duration of the contest. In addition to the 1 contest entry that will be generated upon a participant entering the contest initially, participants will receive 1 additional entry for EACH referral that enter the contest after the participant in question. MAXIMUM 10 bonus entries per person.
- Entries will be accepted starting 12.00.01 a.m. (ET) on Dec 15, 2013 and the closing date for entry is 11:59.59 p.m. (ET) on April 27th, 2014.
- The draw shall occur on April 30th, 2014; at approximately 5:00 p.m. (ET) at Tourism PEI, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (the “Contest Judging Organization”).
- A total of one (1) trip will be awarded.
- The Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to contact the Winner by email or telephone, but in the event the Sponsor cannot contact a Winner within 2 business days from the time of draw, the draw of that Participant shall be deemed void.
- In the event that the selection of a Winner is deemed void, invalid or disqualified, or if the Participant refuses the selection as a Winner, the Sponsor will award the Prize to the reserve with first priority. Reserves will not be notified unless they are selected as a Winner.
- The Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to contact the first reserve by email or by telephone, but in the event the Sponsor cannot contact the first reserve within 2 business days of selection as the Winner, the Sponsor will award the Prize to the next reserve in line. This process will be repeated as necessary.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to have the Prize forfeited should the Contest Judging Organization not be able to award all the prizes by 5:00 p.m. of the day before event in each phase is to take place.
Prize and Additional Eligibility Criteria
There is 1 prize, that consists of:
- 5-day PEI vacation for four
- Round trip airfare for four (within Canada)
- Lobster supper for four
- Hotel room (double occupancy) for 5 nights
- Authentic PEI Experience for four
- Mid-size rental car for duration of trip
- Four VIP admissions to one PEI 2014 Signature Event
- The approximate market value of the Prize is $5,000.00 CDN.
- All costs in addition to those expressly stated above including, but not limited to, laundry, additional beverages and meals, telecoms charges, fuel, rental car insurance and other personal and sundry expenses or charges are not included in the Prize and must be paid in full by the Winner.
- The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize is not transferable; there is no cash alternative and otherwise than as set out below there are no substitutions.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize or a component of the Prize with a Prize or component, as the case may be, of equal or greater value.
- To be eligible to collect the Prize, the Winner will be required to answer correctly a time-limited mathematical skill testing question at a mutually convenient time and location
- The winner must fulfill the Prize by August 31, 2014.
The Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify from the Promotion any entry that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate these Rules.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if the Sponsor has any reason to believe that an entry is fraudulent or is an attempt to disrupt, tamper with or unfairly influence the Promotion or its operation, the Sponsor may at its sole discretion refuse to accept any entry or deem an entry invalid or void. The decision of the Sponsor shall be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Subject to the extent permitted by applicable law, all Participants and the Winner shall indemnify and save harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates, agents and their employees, directors and shareholders from any and all claims, actions, causes of action, suits, demands, losses, damages (including consequential loss or damages), liabilities, deficiencies, costs and expenses (including all legal and other professional fees and disbursements, interest, penalties and amounts paid in settlement) suffered or incurred by the Sponsor or its affiliates or agents and their employees, directors and shareholders as a result of or arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Participant’s and the Winner's participation in a Prize or the Promotion. All Participants voluntarily accept this legal risk, thereby expressly giving up any right of action, and accept any physical risk which may arise from participation in the Prize or this Promotion.
The Winner will be required to sign a declaration, waiver, release or order in similar terms to those set out at 7.1 above prior to his/her participation in the Prize.
By entering the Promotion, the Participants agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to print, broadcast or the Internet.
- Winners will need to be willing and available to participate in daily activities that will be filmed and aired on the Tourism PEI Facebook website.
- Winners shall, at the Sponsor’s request, take part in worldwide publicity. This may include photographs, participation in press conferences, interviews and written and spoken material, all of which may be used by the Sponsor as it deems fit.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, to withdraw or amend this Promotion in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Promotion as contemplated by these Rules.
- This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- If any term within these Rules is deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of law for any reason, the affected term shall be deleted from these Rules and the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- The Winners are obliged to inform the Sponsor as soon as practicable if they are unable to claim their Prize for any reason.
- If for any reason a person not originally selected as a Winner is awarded a Prize (for example an alternate), that person will be considered the Winner for the purpose of these Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Promotion, these Rules or any other matters relating to the Promotion, the decision of the Sponsor shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Subject to section 8.11 of these Rules, the Promotion, these Rules and any other matters relating to the Promotion shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the province of Prince Edward Island.
- For residents of Quebec: Any litigation regarding the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation regarding the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.