[Nous sommes désolés, mais cette page n'est pas disponible en français.]
Britain's Prince Charles along with his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall will visit the Island during their May 18 - 21 tour of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Manitoba. On May 19th and 20th and they will be visiting the communities of Charlottetown, Bonshaw and Cornwall.
Prince Charles's last visit to Prince Edward Island was in 1983 and this will be the Duchess of Cornwall's first visit to the Island.
The royal tour is being co-ordinated by the Canadian secretary to the Queen, Kevin MacLeod
- Their plane will arrive at Charlottetown Airport at 6 p.m.
- The couple will take part in a celebration of Victoria Day at Province House, which will include entertainment and fireworks. 8:30 p.m.
- In the morning Charles and Camilla will return to Province House for a tour.
- From Province House, the couple will walk to the Confederation Centre of the Arts. Here Charles will make some public remarks. 10:50 a.m.
- Charles will visit Holland College. 11:40 a.m.
- Camilla will visit Charlottetown's newest seniors' residence, Prince Edward Home, and meet some of the residents there. 11:50 a.m.
- The two will travel together to Cornwall United Church for a Salute to Seniors event. 2 p.m.
- Charles will travel west for a tour of the province's first wilderness park in the Bonshaw Hills. The park was just announced in November. He will walk a new trail. 3 p.m.
- Camilla will return to Charlottetown for a visit to Immanuel Christian School. 3 p.m.
- The couple will depart from the Charlottetown Airport is at 4:15 p.m.