You'll find each itinerary can be easily followed using Prince Edward Island's Highway Map. Order a map and a full vacation planning kit, or pick up one when on PEI, visit any of our Visitor Information Centres.
- Tyne Valley
42-55 kilometres, 27-35 miles
- Cabot Loop
75 kilometres, 47 miles
- Charlottetown - Mt. Stewart Loop
68 kilometres, 42 miles
- St. Peters Loop & Greenwich Day Trip
54 kilometres (34 miles) and 20 kilometres (13 miles)
- Lord Selkirk Provincial Park
51 kilometres (32 miles) and 32 kilometres (20 miles)
Itineraries excerpted from a planned Maritime provinces cycling guide by Wally and Barbara Smith. Many thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Smith for sharing them with us.
The Confederation Trail Cycling Guide will help you plan your cycling vacation on the Confederation Trail. Included in the guide are accommodations which participate in the "Cyclists Welcome Program", which take the needs of cyclists into consideration and make their properties welcoming and easy for cyclists. Browse through the different parts of the guide below, or order one by mail.
- Day 1 - Tignish to O'Leary (45 km easy to moderate)
- Day 2 - O'Leary to Wellington (45 km easy to moderate)
- Day 3 - Wellington to Hunter River (65 km moderate to hard)
- Day 4 - Hunter River to Morell (65 km moderate to hard)
- Branch Trail - Royalty Junction to Charlottetown (9 km easy)
- Branch Trail - Mt. Stewart to Georgetown (40 km moderate)
- Branch Trail - Cardigan Junction to Montague (10 km easy)
- Day 5 - Morell to Elmira (54 km moderate)
- Branch Trail - Iona to Murray Harbour (39 km moderate)