Hibernate on PEI? No way!
A fresh blanket of sparkling snow makes Prince Edward Island anything but sleepy. Winter on the Island means lots of outdoor activities, cozy places to stay and fun things to do. In fact, you can criss-cross the Island during any month of the winter and find lots going on inside and out – Winter Carnivals, Live @ the Centre, art exhibits, bonspiels, hockey tournaments, community events, and more.
snowmobiling, tubing and snowshoeing to skating, curling, and skiing. Want to warm up in style? Enjoy dinner at a cozy inn or by the fire in a winterized cottage. There's no such thing as hibernating on PEI; there's just too much to do!You'll be bright eyed and rosy cheeked after outdoor winter fun, everything from
Things to know
- Check out the Island Today for today's weather, festivals and events and more.
- The average daytime winter temperature in PEI is just below freezing.
- Visit Brookvale Winter Activity Park's page and check current conditions online.
- The Confederation Bridge is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More Bridge info.
- The Charlottetown Airport is open 365 days a year. More flight info.
If your quest is for an unmatched snowmobiling adventure then look no further. The Island has almost 1,000 kilometres of trails that meander through virtually every picture perfect corner of the province. Perhaps even more importantly, these trails will take you to snow-covered fields and tranquil country roads that challenge even the most experienced sledders.