- 750 mL (3 cups) mashed or pureed PEI hubbard squash
- 1 PEI egg, lightly beaten
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) melted PEI butter
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) fresh PEI cranberries
- 50 mL (1/4 cup) frozen pure orange juice concentrate
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) PEI honey
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
Warm squash puree if it is cold. Stir lightly beaten egg and melted butter into squash.
In a separate bowl, stir together the cranberries, orange juice concentrate, honey and nutmeg. Stir 50 mL (1/4 cup) of this mixture into the squash.
Spoon squash mixture into lightly greased 1L (1 quart) casserole and top with remaining cranberry mixture. Freeze now, or bake at 200 C (400 F) until hot, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
To prepare frozen casserole, bake at 180 C (350 F) loosely covered with foil, until very hot, about one hour.