Taste our Island - 2012 - The Inn at Bay Fortune
The winner of the 2012 PEI ADAPT Council’s “Taste Our Island” Award is The Inn at Bay Fortune. Operated by David Wilmer and his family, the Inn has consistently demonstrated a commitment to creating and serving excellent cuisine made from fresh, local ingredients. After purchasing the property in 1988, David performed a complete renovation, transforming the building into an inn and restaurant that has been delighting guests for twenty-four years.
Outside, the Inn enjoys a breathtaking view of PEI’s eastern coast. Meanwhile, inside the restaurant, master chef Domenic Serio combines the bounty of local Island producers and the training he received at the Culinary Institute of Canada. The results, while difficult to describe, can be appreciated immediately with a single taste. Following the traditions of his predecessors, including Michael Smith of television’s The Inn Chef fame, Domenic has a passion for freshness, perfect seasoning, and an impeccable flair for combining foods into an unforgettable meal. The offerings change with the seasons, but the focus on excellence remains constant.
The restaurant is renowned for its menu that includes seafood, meats and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. The Inn at Bay Fortune is located 45 minutes east of Charlottetown.
The Taste Our Island Award is presented annually to a PEI restaurant that achieves an outstanding level of excellence while using and promoting local products. For more information, please visit www.peiadapt.com.
- THE DUNES CAFÉ in Brackley and their Chef Emily Wells make dining an experience that produces rave reviews.www.dunesgallery.com
- INN AT ST. PETERS Head chef Wesley Gallant prepares a blend of classic and modern food at this four-star waterfront inn.www.innatstpeters.com
- ANNIE'S TABLE owner Annie Leroux and Chef Norman Zeledon prepare culinary experiences to remember in a beautifully-restored church. www.annies-table.com
- KITCHEN WITCH TEA ROOM Geoff & Debbie Crowther offer an extensive gluten free menu including home-made jams plus a variety of breads. www.kwpei.com
- SHAW'S HOTEL A Canadian National Historic Site where Chef Peter Angus combines his culinary experience with a bounty of PEI products. www.shawshotel.ca