10 Quirky Things You Didn’t Know About PEI
2. Saturday night is reserved for the Hoedown on CFCY radio.
3. We have the warmest waters north of the Carolinas due to the Gulf of Saint Lawrence. Hello summer vacay (we also have over 90 beaches)! Photo-Beach (Credit: Stephanie McQuaid / Red Head Roamer
4.Prince Edward Island produces more than 40 million pounds of mussels per year, accounting for 80% of Canadian mussel production.
5. If you call an Islander at 6 pm, they might not answer. After all, it’s time for Compass, the local news program.
6. Your first feed of lobster is typically on Mother’s Day. You’re welcome moms!
7. We are the bluefin tuna capital of the world.
8. The soil here is boldly red and beautiful. The colour comes from the high iron content!
9. Potato fudge is a thing here and it is delicious.
10. We have an operating lighthouse that you can stay in overnight. Magical.