[Nous sommes désolés, mais cette page n'est pas disponible en français.]
Indigo Books & Music Inc. recently announced their Booklovers' Top Ten "Life-changing" Books of the past decade, and Lucy Maud Montgomery's classic about red-haired Anne Shirley came in 4th. It was the highest ranked Canadian book on the list.
In a CBC.ca story, Lisa Huie, manager of public relations for Indigo, said it is amazing how L. M. Montgomery's 1908 novel has remained relevant to readers.
"Anne has, for generations, connected with readers and I think that she continues to engage with book lovers across the country," said Huie.
Booklovers' Top Ten "Life-changing" Books
- The Bible
- To Kill A Mockingbird, Harper Lee, 1960
- Tuesdays with Morrie, Mitch Albom, 1997
- Anne of Green Gables, Lucy Maud Montgomery, 1908
- The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini, 2003
- The Alchemist, Paul Coelho, 1988
- The Book of Negroes, Lawrence Hill, 2007
- Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, 1997
- The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien, 1954
- Life of Pi, Yann Martel, 2002
For details, read the CBC story Anne of Green Gables still a life changer.