- Creamed Mussels on Toast
- Crispy Mussels
- Half-Shell Delight
- Mejillones Escabechado / Latino Moonshine Mussels
- Mussel Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Skillet Mussels
- Steamed PEI Mussels
- Warm PEI Mussel Cucumber Salad
- Mussels Steamed in a Curry Maple Cream
- Mussels and Noodle Bake
- PEI Mussels with Marinated Tomatoes & Fennel
Try deep fried mussels with a light breading. Serve with a lemon wedge and home fries.
1 cup/250 ml cooked, shucked mussels
1 cup/250 ml dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp/25 ml water
Roll mussels in bread crumbs. Beat egg and combine with water. Dip breaded mussels in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs again. Fry in deep fat heated to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 2-3 minutes. Drain well. Serves 2.