Prince Edward Island’s stunning scenery and laid-back pace make it the perfect location for a romantic escape for two. Check out our five day sample itinerary for the most romantic days while making ever lasting memories on Prince Edward Island!
Day 1 – North Cape Coastal Drive
- Wake up with breakfast in bed or try local flavours at any of the various cafes throughout the region.
- A visit to the very tip of this region, North Cape is a must, where the Wind Energy Institute of Canada has wind turbines of all shapes and sizes on location. Explore the trails that take you up-close to the giant windmills, and be sure to visit the interpretive centre and even stay for dinner!
- Wrap up your evening after dinner with a local musical production, a walk along the Summerside harbourfront or an exciting evening watching harness racing and testing your luck at the slot machines.
Day 2 – Green Gables Shore
- Relax in your private cottage of choice along the Green Gables Shore. Many of these properties have fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and close access to moonlight walks along the beach.
- There is so much to see and do in Green Gables Shore you may just decide to stay for a few extra days! Take in deep-sea fishing, award winning golf courses, as well as a wide-variety of attractions and gift shops.
- Rent bikes and embark on a seaside bike ride or explore the beautiful North Shore by kayak for a more picturesque experience as the sun begins to set.
- Unwind with a delicious meal and a glass of wine at any of the various restaurants that overlook the beautiful North Shore coastline and rolling dunes.
Day 3 – Red Sands Shore
- Start your day off by exploring the beautiful quaint town of Victoria by-the-Sea. Visit lighthouses enriched with PEI history, indulge in Island Chocolates and afternoon tea or explore a few of the hidden culinary gems in this area!
- Take a walk along the coastline where you will find the famous red sand and cliffs PEI is noted for.
- Visit Port-la-Joye–Fort Amherst National Historic Site and discover a fascinating story of settlement, struggle and upheaval as two European powers, first France then Great Britain, sought control of this strategic harbour. Experience tranquility as you stand atop the earthwork remains of Fort Amherst surrounded by magnificent views of Charlottetown Harbour.
Day 4 – Charlottetown
- Check in to a honeymoon suite at any hotel throughout the downtown core of Charlottetown, or scale back to a more intimate experience at one of the various inns or bed and breakfast properties. History is rich as each property throughout Charlottetown tells a tale.
- Book a table for two at any of the amazing restaurants downtown, most of which have award winning chefs and specialize in local farm fresh produce.
- Wind down with a stroll along the waterfront and then head to Victoria Row where, during the summer months, you can find a seat on an outdoor patio and enjoy live music and a nightcap before heading back to your romantic escape.
Day 5 – Points East Coastal Drive
- You’ll have plenty of reasons to get up early when you stay “down east,” starting with a delicious country breakfast on your cottage deck while the glowing sun rises over the ocean.
- A visit to Basin Head Beach is a must where the high silica content in the sand makes the beach ‘sing’ to you as you shuffle your feet – once you try it for yourself you’ll see why Basin Head is often referred to as Singing Sands!
- There’s lots to do in the Points East Coastal Drive. In fact this region boasts: 13 golf courses; 34 beaches; 6 lighthouses; 34 history and cultural attractions; 24 harbours; more than 100 restaurants; 230 fixed-roof accommodations and campgrounds; 12 provincial parks; 6 Scenic Heritage Roads; and a national park.