Prince Edward Island’s stunning scenery and laid-back pace make it the perfect location for a romantic escape for two. Whether you’re planning a wedding, celebrating another year together, or just getting away from it all with your sweetheart, memories made in PEI are memories that last! From the moment you check in at one of our romantic inns or cottages to the last sunset stroll of the day, love is in the air.
Day 1 – Charlottetown
- Check in to The Great George, Charlottetown’s historic boutique hotel located in the heart of downtown. This National Award Winner for Tourism Excellence is sure to delight!
- Book a table for two at any of the amazing restaurants downtown, most of which have award winning chefs and specialize in local farm fresh produce.
- Wind down with a stroll along the waterfront, then head to Victoria Row to find a seat on an outdoor patio and enjoy a nightcap before heading back to the inn.
Day 2 – Green Gables Shore
- Relax in your private cottage at Shining Waters Luxury Cottages, which feature fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and close proximity to Cavendish’s top attractions.
- Take in an Authentic PEI Experience with Art Full Of Flavours, where you’ll create a beautiful painting to take home and enjoy some of PEI’s finest flavours: wine, local cheeses, mussels, and oysters.
- Rent bikes at Shaw’s Hotel and embark on a seaside bike ride to work up an appetite.
- Unwind at Dalvay By The Sea Inn and Dining Room for a leisurely dinner, then canoe across Dalvay Lake, the site of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge dragon boat race in 2011.
Day 3 – Summerside and Malpeque (North Cape Coastal Drive)
- Wake up with breakfast at Samuel’s in Summerside, where you can enjoy organic, free-trade coffee.
- Create a unique piece of metalwork to take home as a souvenir with Metal Magic at Malpeque Fine Iron Products. You’ll use a forge and anvil to make your very own folk art!
- Back in Summerside, take in a performance at the Harbourfront Theatre, home to dramatic and musical productions year-round.
- Wrap up your night out at the Red Shores at Summerside Raceway. Enjoy live horse racing, poker, blackjack, and other excitement!
Day 4 – Red Sands Shore
- Dig for your lunch! In Victoria by-the-Sea, sign up for the “I Dig, Therefore I Clam” adventure, which includes digging for clams, enjoying the freshest lunch around, and an ocean kayak excursion.
- Also in Victoria, browse for a piece of authentic Island artwork at The Studio Gallery, featuring works by PEI’s top artisans. Or head to Tryon where you can shop for woodworking, knitted goods, and more at Really-O Handcrafts.
- Lunch or dinner at The Landmark Café is always a treat. Enjoy delicious seafood specialties, fresh salads, daily specials, and vegetarian options.