Leave it all behind and escape to a farm experience in rural Prince Edward Island. Enjoying the Island's farming culture can be as easy as stopping at a country market or as in-depth as staying (and maybe helping out!) at a family farm.
Island Farm Facts
Farm communities are considered by many to be the backbone of the Island's culture and there's no better way to enjoy it first hand than by taking in a farm experience.
Here are a just few ways...
- Visit a farm and see how we grow our world-famous potatoes.
- Use (and lose) your sense of direction in a corn maze.
- Go on a hay ride. (Hang on!)
- Stop at a country market for fresh fruits, vegetables and home baking.
- Stay a few days at a farm bed and breakfast.
- Taste jams and jellies made fresh in country kitchens.
- Tour a vineyard and learn how wine is made.
Find out where to buy fresh produce, where farm tours are offered, what varieties of fruits and vegetables are grown on PEI, and more.
Try these great recipes made with fresh Island fruits and vegetables.