Use of helmets is mandatory for all at the Alpine ski park.
It is mandatory for all ski equipment to be equipped with a breaking device or strap. Skis must have brakes attached to the binding. Snowboards must have a safety strap attached to the binding. Ski blades must have either a safety strap or brakes on the binding.
Safety devices prevent equipment from getting away from the user and protect equipment from running into other participants. All ski and snowboard equipment must have metal edges and proper locking bindings.
Using Ski Lifts
The following courtesies and guidelines are in place for your safety and the safety of others when using surface or aerial lifts:
- obey instructions on all signs;
- do not use a lift until you are familiar with its operation; watch and learn;
- slow down before approaching the entrance to a lift;
- load and unload only at designated areas;
- be polite and courteous at the loading areas;
- smoking is prohibited on lifts and in lift areas;
- do not bounce or abuse lift equipment;
- check that no loose clothing is caught in lift when unloading;
- move away quickly from unloading areas;
- if a lift stops, do not attempt to get off. If there is a mechanical problem, park personnel will help you;
- take precautions to help small children load and unload safely; a child can only ride a lift alone when able to do so properly. As a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your children and their actions.