Final Notice: Book PEI Retirement and Occupancy Reporting Requirements
Book PEI will retire on December 31, 2022. All information, with the exception of booking reservation data, will be migrated to the new tourism information system. Please ensure that your listing and contact information are current by the above date to ensure a smooth transition for your operation to the new system.
There will be a transition period beyond the Book PEI retirement to finish the development and testing of the new tourism information system, migrate stakeholder data and information and onboard users. During this time, operators must continue to file monthly occupancy reports using an online form.
Process for Monthly Occupany Reports as of Jan. 1, 2023
- Download the fillable form, fill it out in your web browser and save it as a file on your computer.
- Email the file to [email protected] by the 10th day of the month following the month for which the occupancy return is filed. e.g. December 2022 occupancy must be filed by January 10, 2023.
Alternatively, print the form and fill it out as a hard copy. When complete, scan or take a photo and email to [email protected].
User Readiness Checklist
- Log into BookPEI before December 31st to ensure your listing and contact information is accurate. This information can be found under Account Settings and Operator Self-Serve. This will ensure that your data is up-to-date for migration to the new system and displayed properly at TourismPEI.com.
- Submit your occupancy report(s) for any past months (i.e. November) using Book PEI before December 31st.
- Prepare to submit occupancy reports for months after December 31st by email as directed above.
- If your operation has used Book PEI for bookings and now has a new booking platform, please send the URL to Industry Support. Your web listing at TourismPEI.com will be updated with it to ensure that web visitors have a direct link for inquiries or online reservations for your property.
Tourism PEI is committed to supporting you throughout the transition to the new tourism information system. Further communications will follow via email to ensure you are informed and prepared for the launch.
Contact our industry support representative: