Tourism Innovation Fund
The Tourism Innovation Fund assists in the research, development and market launch of new cultural tourism products. Projects supported by the fund will develop or enhance products identified in the tourism strategy. Investments made by the Tourism Innovation Fund intend to strengthen Prince Edward Island’s appeal as a cultural tourism destination.
You are eligible to apply for the Tourism Innovation Fund if you are:
- a non-profit organization engaged in developing tourism events; and
- a non-profit theatre (minimum 150 seats)
The fund does not assist on-going marketing or operational needs of organizations, including staffing.
How to Apply
To apply, complete the Tourism PEI Innovation Fund form and return it to the contact provided below. Your application will be considered based on how it does the following:
- supports the objectives of the tourism strategy;
- supports the further development of Prince Edward Island’s primary market tourism products as identified by government and industry;
- provides, in the case of major festivals and events, potential for the new event to attract significant off-Island visitation (include an estimate of off-Island and on-Island visitation and tracking methods);
- extends visitor length of stay, especially in non-peak visitation periods;
- supports public sector investment in the project through the availability of research and a return on investment analysis that justifies public sector support;
- provides a concept development plan that is designed for incremental growth and a focus on growing event-based revenue streamed outside of government. Investments will be made on a declining scale;
- demonstrates through the existence of a detailed financial plan for the project that the private sector and community support show incremental sustainability and benefits to PEI’s tourism industry;
- involves community tourism partners both non-profit and private sector through sponsorship, donations, and volunteerism; and
- shows the proposed method of project evaluation.
For questions about the Tourism PEI Innovation Fund and to submit an application contact:
Manager, Tourism Activation