My Perfect PEI Day - Cassie Campbell
My perfect Island day would begin with breakfast at the Prince Edward Island Preserve Co. Restaurant where I would put some of their yummy blueberry jam on my toast while enjoying the view of the River Clyde. Then I would head off on a deep-sea fishing and scenic tour on the Greenwich with Graham’s out of Stanley Bridge. Then, a spin around the Lake of Shining Waters and down to the beach with Matthew’s Carriage Ride at my Uncle George’s Anne of Green Gables Museum in Park Corner would be fun.
This is a busy day, so I think I will grab a quick lunch and an ice cream cone at the Cavendish Boardwalk before going to Charlottetown to pick up some UPEI gear at the Bookstore. An early-afternoon tee-off at the famous (and tough!) Links at Crowbush Cove will leave me enough time to stop by Trailside Café in Mount Stewart, have a cold drink and rent a bike for a quick spin on a loop that includes the Confederation Trail. Then, Dalvay-By-The-Sea for supper, where the food is excellent and the dining room looks out over Dalvay Lake and the north shore sand dunes. Although I have seen it before, I am always happy to go again to see the classic Anne of Green Gables–The Musical™ at Confederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown. To relax after a jam-packed PEI day I would stop for an Island-brewed beverage at the Gahan House on Sydney Street. If I am not staying with my aunt and uncle in Kelvin Grove or my gram and aunt in Park Corner, I would choose to stay at the classy Great George Inn in Charlottetown (just up the street from the pub!).
What’s the cost?
- Breakfast at PEI Preserve Company $7.95
- Deep-sea Fishing $25.00 / Matthew’s Carriage Ride $4.00
- Lunch at Cavendish Boardwalk $7.95 / Ice cream $3.25
- UPEI logo rugby shirt plus sweats $138.90 / Golf at Crowbush $95.00
- Bike rental $15.00 / Dinner at Dalvay-By-The-Sea $48.00
- Ticket to Anne of Green Gables–The MusicalTM $68.00
- Sir John A. Macdonald ale $3.50
- Pavilion Deluxe Room $309.00 Total for Cassie’s day $725.55