Prince Edward Island FACTS
- Population - 147,390
- Cities - Charlottetown and Summerside
- There are 7 towns - Alberton, Cornwall, Georgetown, Kensington, Montague, Souris and Stratford.
- Time Zone - Atlantic
- Soil - Red, due to iron oxide which rusts on exposure to air
- Land Area - 280 km (175 miles) from tip to tip. Total land area 5,656 sq km (2,184 sq mi)
- Provincial Bird - Blue Jay
- Coat of Arms - Armorial Bearings
- Provincial Flower - Lady’s Slipper
- Provincial Tree - Red Oak
- The PEI tartan was adopted in 1960.
- The Island Hymn was written by Lucy Maud Montgomery in the spring of 1908.
- Major industries - agriculture, tourism, fisheries
- Daily Newspapers - The Guardian, Journal Pioneer
- Help with your School Project