Taste our Island Award
Fresh from farm to plate. Each year, the Taste Our Island Award is presented to the best chefs and restaurants in Prince Edward Island. These winners are all examples of the outstanding cuisine this province is now famous for thanks to the presence of the Culinary Institute of Canada and the incredible chefs it produces and attracts. The Taste our Island Award goes to restaurants and chefs who create exceptional products using local Island food.
The Taste Our Island Award was not presented in 2020.
Taste Our Island Award - Past Winners
- 2019 - At the Blue Mussel Café in North Rustico, Chef Jamie Power specializes in superb seafood and strives to provide food that is fresh and local.
- 2018 - The Dunes Studio Gallery and Café is surrounded by vibrant art and spectacular botanical gardens and inspired cuisine, making it one of the most amazing culinary destinations.
- 2017 - For an exquisite dining experience that embraces the heart and soul of the Island, head for The Table Culinary Studio in New London where fabulous cuisine combines with local food to give you the very best.
- 2016 - At the Inn at Bay Fortune you will find Chef Michael Smith, who is Prince Edward Island’s food ambassador and a long-time advocate of the province’s incredible food culture. He and his wife Chastity created the FireWorks feast - a one-of-a-kind culinary experience were food goes straight from the farm to the fork... through the fire!
- 2015 - The Mill, owned by Chef Emily Wells, is located in a beautifully restored grain mill in the heart of New Glasgow farming country and near the fishing harbours of North Rustico.
- 2014 - Shaw's Hotel & Restaurant strives to produce fabulous food in concert with the region's agricultural season, the partnership of fourth-generation hotelier Robbie Shaw and chef extraordinaire Peter Angus has taken the concept to a whole new level. Shaw's Hotel & Restaurant is open from early June to late September, and is located at 99 Apple Tree Road, overlooking the bay in Brackley Beach.
- 2013 - Terre Rouge-Bistro Marche located on Queen Street in downtown Charlottetown is fully licensed with changing seasonal menus, all produced in-house by renowned chefs.
- 2012 - The Inn at Bay Fortune is renowned for its menu that includes seafood, meats and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. The Inn at Bay Fortune is located 45 minutes east of Charlottetown.
- 2011 - At Papa Joe's, the menu changes with the availability of the seasons, but the family's ongoing passion for freshness, beautifully seasoned seafood, meats, and some of the tastiest comfort cuisine, remains constant. Papa Joe's restaurant is located at 345 University Avenue in Charlottetown.
- 2010 - The Pearl welcomes guests to its rustic elegant, art-filled dining room, and nourishes them with unforgettable food and drink. The building itself has been completely renovated with paintings, sculpture, fixtures, and furnishings from all over PEI.