- Creamed Mussels on Toast
- Crispy Mussels
- Half-Shell Delight
- Mejillones Escabechado / Latino Moonshine Mussels
- Mussel Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Skillet Mussels
- Steamed PEI Mussels
- Warm PEI Mussel Cucumber Salad
- Mussels Steamed in a Curry Maple Cream
- Mussels and Noodle Bake
- PEI Mussels with Marinated Tomatoes & Fennel
Mussels and Noodle Bake
Courtesy of PEI Mussels
4 lb fresh PEI Mussels meat cooked and shucked
12 oz thin noodles, cooked and drained
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp green pepper, chopped
1/3 cup flour
4 cups milk
3/4 cup dry white wine or broth
2 1/2 slice swiss cheese
1 pinch grated paprika
1 pinch salt & pepper, to taste
1. Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
2. Place cooked PEI Mussels and noodles in a 4-quart (4-L) casserole dish. In a large frying pan, melt half the butter adding mushrooms and green pepper. Sauté until tender.
3. Remove from heat and place vegetables in casserole dish. Add rest of the butter to the pan, blend flour, and then milk. On a low heat, Add salt and pepper to taste, stir constantly until thick.
4. Remove from heat, stir in wine (or broth) and pour sauce into casserole dish. Toss all ingredients to coat with sauce, sprinkle cheese on top and colour with paprika.
5. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 350 °F (18 °C) oven for 45 minutes.