10 Warm Things to Do on a Cold Day in PEI
Published November 20, 2023 | Hannah Joy MacLeod
by Hannah-Joy MacLeod
Brr, it's cold out there! Here is a great list of fun things to do indoors to stay warm and cozy on chilly, winter day.
- Strike it lucky with comic bowling at the Credit Union Place in Summerside. Invite everyone to wear white to glow like stars on a winter night.
- Book a getaway to the Mill River Resort. Along with many outdoor winter activities. If you don’t feel like venturing outside, you'll find plenty to do indoors with squash courts, spa, fitness centre, games room and swimming pool.
- Nothing beats wintry weather blues quite like some retail therapy! Visit local shops like PEI Creations in O’Leary along North Cape Coastal, Rose Cottage Antiques and Gifts in Summerside, Prince Edward Island Preserve Co. Gift Shop in New Glasgow or Pigeons in Montague. In Charlottetown, spend a day at Royalty Crossing and Confederation Court Mall.
- Book a round of indoor golf at Lone Oak Brewing Co in Borden-Carleton, catch trivia on Thursdays and live music on Saturdays.
- Visit the Art Gallery of the Confederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown. The exhibits by Canadian artists include a mix of traditional art forms and digital works.
- Stay at PEI’s one-of-a-kind Canada's Rotating House - Around the Sea in North Rustico. Warm up in their barrel sauna and book at massage nearby at Eternal Wellness in historic South Rustico.
Head to Copper Bottom Brewing in Montague for Taproom Trivia on Friday nights! Put your memory to the test, drink craft Island beer and potentially win some great prizes!
8. Relax for a day at the Mysa Nordic Spa and Resort.
9. Sip hot coffee and read a book at a local cafe.
10. See a film at City Cinema, Charlottetown’s independent theatre, with the best popcorn in town and fantastic prices.
Prince Edward Island is like a magical snow-globe on winter days. Stay cozy, drink lots of hot chocolate and make the most of the Island's vibrant winter offerings!