Admit it, sometimes, the best way to reconnect with one another is to escape from the “TO DO” list that nags incessantly at home and at work. This winter, a signature inn, resort or cozy cabin on Prince Edward Island is the perfect place for a romantic holiday getaway. Here are some ideas to guide your planning:
Pick a place to stay where you’ll want to spend time in your room
Look for amenities that foster cuddling: a fireplace, a Jacuzzi or hot tub and a comfortable bed and linens that you’ll want to dive into. Check out these operators for ultra-romantic rooms:
- Hideaway in the king suite with spa bath and fireplace at the Fairholm Boutique Inn;
- Book a romantic getaway with the Great George package;
- Soak up the luxury and tranquility of the Mlle Caroline guestroom at Slaymaker & Nichols Gastro House;
- Stay in a restored church with an outdoor hot tub and spectacular views at Harrington House at Rice Point.
Pick a place to stay that’s fun
Look for winter activities onsite or nearby. Feel the magic of skating outdoors under the stars, snowshoeing a moonlit trail or walking hand-in-hand along the beach on a sunny day.
- At Forest & Lake PEI B&B, savour a hearty European-style breakfast served with espresso, snowshoe the wooded property and relax in the private indoor gazebo with hot tub.
- Nothing says romance like ice fishing, right? Perhaps the evening bonfire and wine will do the trick at Briarwood Coastal Cottages & Lodge.
- Mill River Resort is known as Atlantic Canada’s best 4-season resort for good reason with groomed trails, skating rink, bonfires, onsite spa and much more.
Pick a place with amazing culinary and music just steps away
- Take in the downtown vibes and a winter romance package with a stay at the Holman Grand Hotel.
- Book a cozy room for starry night romance at Baker Shore Bed & Breakfast. You’ll find great eats and entertainment nearby at Lone Oak Brewing Co on weekends.
- Find entertainment just steps away from the Quality Inn and Suites at Brother's Two
Treat your partner like a king or queen and just let the romance happen
Winter on Prince Edward Island is magical. Embrace it and one another. You can thank us later!