- Grilled Lobster with Pernod Garlic Butter
- Lobster Abegweit
- Lobster and Béarnaise Toasts with Charred Corn Relish
- Lobster and Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
- Lobster BLT Salad
- Lobster Cakes
- Lobster Cheese Casserole
- Lobster Pad Thai
- Lobster Rolls
- Lobster-Stuffed Spuds - Chef Austin Clement
- Mushrooms with Stuffed Lobster
- Sea Captain's Dip
Grilled Lobster with Pernod Garlic Butter
by Chef Ilona Daniel
This Recipe Yields as many lobsters as you wish to eat!
- Select live lobsters that weigh between 1-1/2 and 2 pounds.
- In a large pot, bring about two gallons of water to a boil. Parboil lobsters in a covered pot for five to seven minutes.
- Remove lobsters from the cooking pot, turn them upside down on a cutting board, and slice them in half lengthwise from the tail to the top of the head. Use a sharp knife to split the claws only on the side that will be turned up on the grill.
- Place each half lobster, shell side down, on a grill that has been pre-heated to medium temperature.
- Baste the exposed lobster meat with melted butter or oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. For added flavour, use seasoned oils, or add garlic, herbs and spices or lemon or lime juice to the butter.
- Cover lobsters with a metal pie plate or a shallow roasting pan to ensure quick and even cooking. Remove the cover periodically to baste the lobsters and to check cooking progress.
- Grill lobsters for about 10 minutes. Be sure to check the meat at the thickest part of the tail in order to determine that lobsters are completely cooked. When the meat is white and opaque, your grilled lobsters are ready to eat.
- Serve grilled lobster with more of the Pernod Garlic Butter (melted) and a wedge of lemon.
Pernod Garlic Butter -by Chef Ilona Daniel
5 lbs Butter, softened at room temperature
10 Shallots, peeled, halved lengthways, very finely diced
1/2 Bulb of Garlic, peeled, crushed
1/4Bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
2-3 Oz Pernod
2 Tbsp Cracked White or Black Peppercorns
Salt to Taste (Approx 3 Tbsp Salt- kosher)
Place butter in the food processor. Blitz and Scrape down the sides.
Add the pernod, garlic, and shallots, and blitz. Scrape down sides again.
Add the parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Blitz again.
Place into piping bags or roll into a log in parchment paper. Place in fridge or freezer or fridge to chill.
Will keep in freezer up to 3 months.