Bacon-Wrapped Crab-Meat Logs
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh, dry parsley
- 1/2 cup tomato juice or sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. horseradish
- 1 61/2oz. can of crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- 12 slices of bacon, cut in half
Combine all ingredients, except bacon. Mix well. Shape into 24 logs about 111/2inch long and 3/4 inch in diameter.
Wrap half of a slice of bacon around each log. Secure with a toothpick and arrange on a baking sheet.
Refrigerate or freeze in single layers and then package in airtight containers.
Broil 4 inches from the heat. Turn occasionally to brown evenly for about 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and golden. Makes 24 logs. Serve hot.
Submitted by Anne Barratt, Charlottetown