- Creamed Mussels on Toast
- Crispy Mussels
- Half-Shell Delight
- Mejillones Escabechado / Latino Moonshine Mussels
- Mussel Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Skillet Mussels
- Steamed PEI Mussels
- Warm PEI Mussel Cucumber Salad
- Mussel Gratin
- Mussels Steamed in a Curry Maple Cream
- Mussels and Noodle Bake
- PEI Mussels with Marinated Tomatoes & Fennel
- Spanish-Style Mussels with Chorizo and Tomato
Spanish-Style Mussels with Chorizo and Tomato
1 yellow onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 links dry-cured chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
5 lbs PEI mussels, cleaned and rinsed
1/2 bunch of cilantro, rough chopped
1. Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid over medium heat, then add your olive oil, onion, garlic, paprika and chorizo. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Add white wine to deglaze and then cook another 5 minutes, until almost all the liquid is gone.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, bring everything to a simmer, then add the mussels all at once. Stir everything together once, then put the lid on the pot.
3. Cook the mussels with the lid on for about 3 minutes, stir once, then put the lid back on and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The mussels are done once all the shells are fully open.
4. Transfer the mussels to a serving bowl and spoon some of the broth over top, then sprinkle with cilantro. Serve right away with some crusty bread. Serves 4. Enjoy!
Recipe by Chef Erin Henry