Italian Potato Salad
Marinated Prince Edward Island potatoes give this salad that extra something. You'll serve it time after time.
- 5-6 PEI potatoes, peeled, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup/125 mL olive oil
- 1/2 cup/125 mL lemon juice
- 1 tsp/5 mL salt
- 1/4 tsp/1 mL pepper
- 1 tsp/5 mL dried dill weed
- 1 small zucchini, ends removed and diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled (if waxed), quartered, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup/250 mL sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup/125 mL black olives
- parsley (optional)
Combine oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and dill weed in covered jar. Shake well to mix. Place potatoes in large bowl. Pour lemon mixture over potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Stir occasionally. Just before serving, add zucchini, cucumber and red pepper. Stir gently to mix. Fold in sour cream or yogurt. Turn into serving bowl. Garnish with black olives and parsley. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of PEI Potato Board