Lobster Cheese Casserole
Medium cheddar cheese is recommended for this dish, but you can substitute your favourite age or type of cheese.
- 2 cups/500 ml lobster meat, diced
- 2 tbsp/25 ml butter
- 1/4 cup/50 ml flour
- 3/4 cup/175 ml milk
- 1 1/4 cup/300 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 cup/125 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp/2 ml salt
- 3/4 cup/175 ml green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup/50 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch paprika
Place lobster in a greased 1 quart (1 litre) casserole. Over low heat, melt butter, blend in flour and slowly add milk and cream. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thick and smooth. Add the 1/2 cup (125 ml) cheese, salt and green pepper. Stir until cheese melts. Pour over lobster. Sprinkle 1/4 cup (50 ml) cheese over top and garnish with paprika.
Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Broil for 2 minutes to brown the top. Serves 4-6.