- Acadian Meat Pie
- Beef Stew with Red Wine and Roasted Root Vegetables
- Cows Creamery Grilled Cheese and Smoked Bacon Sandwich
- Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Shallots and Tomatoes
- Honey Roast Turkey with Gravy - Chef Michael Smith
- Lemon Chicken with Ginger
- Meat Loaf
- Orange Glazed PEI Pork Tenderloin
- PEI Pork Cashew Stir-Fry
- Roast Turkey with Potato Dressing
- Sweet 'N' Sour Spareribs
- The Pearl Black Garlic Braised Beef
- Whole Grain Stuffing - Chef Michael Smith
- Creamy Potato Mappas (PEI Potato in coconut milk and gentle spices, Kerala style)
- PEI Turkey Meatballs with Spiced Apple Chutney
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Cows Creamery Grilled Cheese and Smoked Bacon Sandwich
Courtesy of Flavours of Prince Edward Island cookbook
Credit: Chefs Jeff McCourt, Allan Williams and Austin Clement
Who doesn’t love a grilled cheese sandwich? Perfect on a cool day with a bowl of roasted tomato soup!
18 slices oatmeal bread
1 cup (250 ml) unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup (250 ml) apple jelly
2 lb (1 kg) Cows Creamery Clothbound Cheddar or your favourite aged cheddar (grated)
1 ½ lb (750 g) smoked bacon (cooked in whole slices, kept warm)
Generously coat each slice of bread in butter.
Turn all the slices over so that the dry side is facing up. Cover this side with a generous layer of apple jelly. Cover every second slice with a layer of grated cheddar. Place 6 slices of bacon on the cheddar and follow with another layer of cheese. Place the remaining jelly-coated slices jelly side down on top of the cheese. There should be 8 complete sandwiches with butter on both the outsides.
Heat a Panini grill, place each sandwich on the grill and close the lid. Cook for about 6 minutes until the outside is crisp and golden and the cheese is melted all the way through. If you don’t have a Panini grill, you can use a griddle or skillet, but you’ll have to carefully turn the sandwich over halfway through cooking.