Elegant Baked Potatoes
A stylish way to serve Prince Edward Island potatoes. Crisp on the outside. Lots of flavour on the inside.
- 4 PEI potatoes
- 2 tbsp/25 mL melted butter
- 1 tbsp/15 mL chopped fresh parsley or thyme OR
- 1 tsp/5 mL dried parsley or thyme
- 1/4 cup/50 mL grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp/30 mL grated Parmesan cheese
Scrub potatoes. Cut, crosswise, into thin slices, using the handle of a wooden spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way through. Put potatoes in a baking dish; fan slightly. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with salt and herbs. Bake potatoes in 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven for 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and cheeses are melted. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy of PEI Potato Board