Garden Fresh PEI Potato Salad
This garden salad is great all year round.
- 4 or 5 PEI potatoes, washed and peeled if necessary
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL) cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced green onion
- 1 small zucchini, cut in chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in boiling water or steam until tender. Simmer or steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrot for 2-3 minutes until crisp tender. Refresh under cold running water. Set aside. Cut potatoes in chunks and toss in large bowl with all vegetables. Drizzle Mustard Cream Dressing (see below) over salad to moisten; mix gently. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate extra dressing for up to 1 week. Makes 6-8 servings.
Mustard Cream Dressing
In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sour cream, yogurt or mayonnaise (or a mixture of all three), 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 garlic clove (minced) and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Adjust seasoning, if necessary. Makes approximately 1/2 cup (125 mL) dressing.
Recipe courtesy of PEI Potato Board