Provincial Park Updates after Hurricane Dorian
Friday, September 13, 2019
The information below is subject to change as cleanup continues within the parks. All visitors to the Island are strongly urged to contact their booked accommodations to ensure that Tropical Storm Dorian has not directly affected the property.
- Jacques Cartier Provincial Park, Cedar Dunes Provincial Park and Panmure Island Provincial Park are closed for the season.
- Linkletter Provincial Park, Red Point Provincial Park, Northumberland Provincial Park and Brudenell Provincial Park are open.
- Cabot Beach Provincial Park has significant tree damage throughout the property. The day park area will be closed to vehicle traffic for the remainder of the season. Work is underway at the campground and we plan to re-open once power is restored.
Provincial Day Use Parks
- Argyle Shore, Basin Head, Bloomfield Day and Chelton Beach Parks are open.
- The trails at Strathgartney Provincial Park are open.
- Approximately half of the trail system at Bonshaw Provincial Park are open.
- There are a number of biking trails open at the Mark Arendz Provincial Ski Park at Brookvale.
- Kings Castle Provincial Park is temporarily closed and will be open as soon as possible.
Confederation Trail users are urged to use extreme caution on the trail. Not all sections are passable and maintenance crews are working to clear as much as possible. Please be aware of trees and/or limbs that may fall.