Top 10 Things to Do in Fall
Published September 7, 2023 | Tourism PEI
Categories: Attractions & Sightseeing, Outdoor Activities
Here are some favourite spots and special events to check out on Prince Edward Island from mid September to the end of October.
- Savour Canada's Food Island during the PEI Fall Flavours Food & Drink Festival.
- Walk or cycle the Confederation Trail or the Island Walk.
- Participate in a Victorian Harvest Feast at Orwell Corner Historic Village. Your hands may get dirty and your belly will be filled.
- Drive back in time along one of PEI's iconic scenic heritage roads.
- Tour local craft and artisan shops in search of the perfect finds and favours.
Some say there is "nothing better than sweater weather"
6. Hike the beautiful Mooney's Pond Trail in the Points East Coastal Drive region.
7. Take in the Downtown Charlottetown Scarecrow Festival.
8. Stop at a farm stand, U-Pick or farmers market - fresh food doesn't get more local.
9. Follow a round of disc golf with a craft brew, winery and cidery tour along Red Sands Shore.
Love a good fright or a spooky ghost story?
10. For both scary and happy haunts, visit Route 6 Motel, Chief's Haunted Barn or the Haunted Mansion. You can also take part in a Victoria Era Séance and learn of the darker side of PEI communities with walks and talks in Summerside, Three Rivers and Charlottetown (see below).