Are there e bike and or regular bike rentals at key points along the Confederation Trail? Shelley Dallas-Smith
Good afternoon from Prince Edward Island,
Thank you for your inquiry to Ask an Islander. We are excited to hear that you plan to cycle the Confederation Trail. Rest assured that you will find rentals for bikes and e-bikes from operators near the trail. I would suggest contacting in advance.
- Confederation Trail Bike Rentals located in St. Peters have two e-bikes and many regular ones;
- Nellie’s Landing Marina in Murray Harbour has six e-bikes only; no regular bikes; and
- Rising Tide EV at 125 Queen Street in Charlottetown is just a 5-minute ride to Joe Ghiz Memorial Park where the trail starts.Call 902-626-9292.
Regular Bike Rentals
- East Coast Paddle Adventures in Souris;
- Outside Expeditions in Brudenell;
- MacQueen’s and Outer Limit Sports are located downtown Charlottetown and just 5 minutes to trail head;
- The Knot in Summerside
- Slemon Park Hotel near Summerside
Enjoy your ride along the Confederation Trail. Be sure to stop along the way for some architectural, historical, natural and geographical facts about Prince Edward Island interpreted in the story and photos on bilingual panels from one end to the other.
Stay in touch by signing up for the Tourism PEI newsletter which includes details on upcoming festivals and events and recipes too.
Have a fabulous adventure!
Recently Asked Questions
Asked: Planning a bicycle tour in August for 10 days with five days in west & east and riding 50-65 km per day . Pls recommend town/villages as base locations, weekly rentals and circular itineraries.
Asked: How do I keep my 3 and 6 year olds happy and entertained in PEI?
Asked: We would like to go on a shorter bike ride on confederation trail but have no idea where to start or where to rent bikes?