Top 10 Things to Do in Spring
Published March 23, 2023 | Team Tourism PEI
Categories: Attractions & Sightseeing, Outdoor Activities
We love spring, not only because lobster season kicks off, but it also marks the beginning of our festival season. Here are some great events and adventures to check out on Prince Edward Island from late April to June.
- Watch the fishing boats return to harbour in the early afternoon with their catches of delicious Prince Edward Island lobster. Dine at a traditional lobster supper at Fisherman's Wharf or New Glasgow Lobster Suppers or buy yours fresh from a fisher at the dock and prepare yourself.
- Sample ice cream. Find the most delectable homemade scoops at COWS and Holman's Ice Cream Parlour.
- The critically-acclaimed Festival of Small Halls will be back with music, dance and storytelling at rural venues across the Island.
- Experience the harness racing tradition with live racing beginning in May.
5. Go clam digging.
7. Play a round (or two) of golf at one of PEI's finest courses with many open by early May.
9. Tulips around every corner along Points East Coastal Drive in late May. Visit a U-pick farm in Belfast.
10. Walk uncrowded beaches; enjoy early sunsets.
Red dirt roads and freshly tilled fields make Prince Edward Island one of the most picturesque spring destinations.