Top 10 Things to Do in Spring
Published September 1, 2022 | Team Tourism PEI
Categories: Attractions & Sightseeing, Outdoor Activities
We love spring, not only because lobster season kicks off, but it also marks the beginning of our festival season. Here are some great events and adventures to check out on Prince Edward Island from late April to June.
- Watch the fishing boats return to harbour in the early afternoon with their catches of delicious Prince Edward Island lobster. Dine at a traditional lobster supper at Fisherman's Wharf or New Glasgow or buy yours fresh from a fisher at the dock and prepare yourself.
- Book tickets for the PEI Setting Day Festival for an unforgettable weekend with talented performers and chefs.
- Sample ice cream. Find the most delectable homemade scoops at COWS, Cherry on Top Creamery and Holman's Ice Cream Parlour.
- The critically-acclaimed Festival of Small Halls will be back with music, dance and storytelling at rural venues across the Island.
- Experience the harness racing tradition with live racing beginning in May.
6. Go clam digging.
7. Cycle the Confederation Trail or hike one of our many community trails.
8. Play a round (or two) of golf at one of PEI's finest courses with many open by early May.
9. Walk uncrowded beaches; enjoy early sunsets.
Tulips around every corner, red dirt roads and freshly tilled fields make Prince Edward Island one of the most picturesque spring destinations.